Nu Eatery Pineapple Salad (Troy NGO)
Easy Vegan + Gluten Free
2 shallots, cut into thin rings
¼ cup water
⅛ cup vinegar
2 slices fresh ginger
1 ½ tbs sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup orange juice
1 lime, juice and zest
1 lime (optional)
1 shallot, minced
½ tbs honey
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ cup olive oil
1 pineapple, peeled and cut into ½ inch thick rounds
1 handful lemon basil (Thai basil works too)
1 cup coconut meat, shredded (not candied or desiccated)
1 pomelo, segmented (if unavailable, substitute with grapefruit)
¼ watermelon, cut into bite size chunks
1 small red pepper, julienned
1. To pickle shallots, bring water and vinegar to a boil to dissolve sugar and salt. Once dissolved, pour liquid mixture over shallot and ginger. Allow to sit while you prepare the rest of the dish.
2. To make dressing, simmer orange juice and reduce down to approximately ¼ cup. Once cool, combine with remaining dressing ingredients.
3. Grill pineapple on a hot grill or grill pan. Allow to cool before cutting into bite sized chunks.
4. Gently combine pineapple, basil, coconut, pomelo, watermelon, pomegranate and red pepper.
5. Gently fold through the dressing and top with shallots.
6. Season with salt and pepper and additional lime juice if desired.
10A Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Cẩm Phô, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
2 thoughts on “Dislocated Recipes For Success: Vietnamese Pineapple Salad”
That dish sounds mind blowing. Thanks.
Our pleasure darling, Bon apetit. Xxxxx